Thomas Jefferson Elementary
3805 Winston Drive
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Principal: Larry Sasso
Asst. Principal: Jennifer Riehman
Thanks for Visiting the TJ PTA Website!
It's your home for all of the events and activities for both TJ's School and PTA.
Check it out and let us know if you have any suggestions - we'd love to hear from you at TJPTA@live.com.
Our population of approximately 580 encompasses students of many diverse backgrounds and cultures in kindergarten through sixth grade. We strive to provide the kind of individual attention that encourages students both academically and socially and makes our large school seem like a smaller, more personal one. Thomas Jefferson's mission is to empower our students to be self-motivated, world-class learners who demonstrate respect, responsibility, and commitment to academic excellence. Our motto is One Terrific Journey, and staff, parents, and community supporters are all dedicated to making each child's journey at Thomas Jefferson truly terrific!
Mark Your Calendars!
at 7:15 pm
All parents are welcome, so we hope you will
From the Desk of your PTA Co-Presidents
Karen and Sarah
Link to the following for pertinent legislative topics
2014-2015 School Hours
Monday - Thursday
Gr 1-6 & BIL Kdg: 7:50am-2:30pm
AM Kdg: 7:50am-10:25am
Gr 1-6 & BIL Kdg: 7:50am-1:40pm
AM Kdg: 7:50am-10:00am
Hello TJ families -
We hope you are enjoying a fantastic summer! With the start of school right around the corner on August 24, we wanted to let you know about a few things that are coming up:
* We are in need of someone to coordinate the Back to School Picnic on August 28! This is a great kick-off event for the school year, but at the moment we don't have anyone to help us put it together. Please contact us if you're interested - without volunteers this event won't happen!
* TJ Seascape Day is August 13! Join other Jaguar families at Seascape Aquatic Center (1300 Moonlake Boulevard) starting at 11:30 - mention that you are with TJ and get $5.00 admission!
* Register for TJ PTA at Meet the Teacher August 21! We will have a membership tent and forms set up outside the school starting at 1:00; individual membership is $5 and family is $10. We will be raffling off 2 reserved parking spots for Parent Orientation Night (September 3) to those who join PTA by August 28!
* Guess the number of balloons in the Welcome Back balloon bag at Meet the Teacher! For $1 per entry, students can try to guess the number of balloons to win an individual prize and something for their entire class! A fun way to support the PTA and start off the school year!
* We are looking for committee chairs for the 2015-2016 school year! Open committees include Book Fair, Creative Writing, Environmental Ed, Family Events, Fun Fair, GREAT (co-chair), Market Day (co-chair), PCEE Rep (co-chair), Publishing House, Recognition, Reflections, Teacher Appreciation and Year Book.
* Like us on Facebook at "Thomas Jefferson Elementary" to get the most recent information!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or if you're interested in helping with any of the open positions. We're looking forward to a great school year!
Karen & Sarah