Here are the upcoming activities and things to know for the week of
May 29, 2016.
Monday, May 30:
* NO SCHOOL – HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! *
Tuesday, May 31:
* Wheel of Wisdom – 8:15am, MPR – We hope the students enjoy one of the favorite assemblies of the year!
* Teacher Appreciation Luncheon – Thank you to all who helped with donating raffle items, food and your time as we thank our teachers and staff for all that they do for our kids!
* PBIS – All School Scavenger Hunt, 1:00pm – Congratulations to all students for Staying on the Green!!
* Variety Show Dress Rehearsal, 2:30pm-4:45pm, MPR – All performers must attend this final dress rehearsal!
* Chipotle Restaurant Night, 4pm-8pm, 15 East Golf Road, Rolling Meadows – Bring a copy of the flyer or mention that you’re with TJ and 50% of all proceeds get donated back to TJPTA! Questions? Contact Anne Dyer (email@example.com)
Wednesday, June 1:
* Move-Up Day – Students will get a chance to see the rooms and meet the teachers in the grades they will be attending in the 2016-17 school year.
* Variety Show, 6:45pm, MPR – Good luck to all performers and enjoy the show!!
Thursday, June 2:
* Last Day of Kindergarten!! We’ll see our new 1st graders in the fall!
* 6th Grade Breakfast, 6th Grade Common Area, 8:00 - Have fun!
Friday, June 3:
* LAST DAY OF SCHOOL – EARLY RELEASE AT 10:50!* Enjoy your summer!!
* Spirit Day – Wear your red, black and white to show your Jaguar pride!
* MANNA Cards Delivered – Don’t forget to check your student’s backpacks if you elected to have your cards sent home!
Our Weekly High 5 You did it, we appreciate it!
We want to do one final High5 to give a shout-out to all students who are participating in the Talent Show, wishing them the best of luck! We also want to thank Mrs. Kennedy, Mrs. Clenard and all of the students helping with the lighting/sound/props for all their hard work putting the show together!
Finally – Congratulations to all of our 6th Grade Graduates and their families! We will miss every one of you and wish you all of the best as you move onto your next adventure! Don’t forget to come back and visit your friends at TJ!
Enjoy your summer!!
Things to Remember for the Summer!!
* Don’t forget to check the TJ Facebook Page and Website for updates on Summer Activities! We will be scheduling a TJ Seascape Day, Park Dates for all of our new families and posting back to school information as the time gets closer!
* TJ will be closed for the summer during construction! Mr. Sasso and Mrs. Riehman will be located at Central Road Elementary (3800 Central Road, Rolling Meadows) while our building is closed, and all of their phone calls will be forwarded there.
OPEN COMMITTEES FOR 2016-2017: Check out Open Committee for the full list!!
* Meet the Teacher – Tuesday, August 16th
* 1st Day of School, Grades 1-6 – Wednesday, August 17th
* 1st Day of School, Kindergarten – Thursday, August 18th
* We’re looking for a CPA to prepare 2016 PTA Taxes - We are looking for a CPA who would be interested in donating their time to review our 2015 Audit as well as prepare our 2016 Taxes. Currently we spend $475 on these services and it would be wonderful if we could save that money and put it towards programs for our students instead! Contact Sarah Winter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy (email@example.com) for more information.
Like us on Facebook at "Thomas Jefferson Elementary" to get the most recent information!
Want text reminders of upcoming events at TJ? Text @tjpta to 81010. You can opt-out of messages anytime. Standard text and messaging rates do apply.
Sarah & Amy