Thomas Jefferson Elementary
3805 Winston Drive
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Principal: Larry Sasso
Asst. Principal: Jennifer Riehman
Thanks for Visiting the TJ PTA Website!
It's your home for all of the events and activities for both TJ's School and PTA.
Check it out and let us know if you have any suggestions - we'd love to hear from you at TJjaguarsPTA@gmail.com.
Our population of approximately 580 encompasses students of many diverse backgrounds and cultures in kindergarten through sixth grade. We strive to provide the kind of individual attention that encourages students both academically and socially and makes our large school seem like a smaller, more personal one. Thomas Jefferson's mission is to empower our students to be self-motivated, world-class learners who demonstrate respect, responsibility, and commitment to academic excellence. Our motto is One Terrific Journey, and staff, parents, and community supporters are all dedicated to making each child's journey at Thomas Jefferson truly terrific!
Mark Your Calendars!
*All meetings start at 7:15pm in the Multipurpose Room
on these following Tuesdays.
All parents are welcome, so we hope you will
2015-2016 School Hours
Monday - Thursday
Gr 1-6 & BIL Kdg: 7:50am-2:30pm
AM Kdg: 7:50am-10:25am
PM Kdg: 11:55am-2:30pm
Gr 1-6 & BIL Kdg: 7:50am-1:40pm
AM Kdg: 7:50am-10:00am
PM Kdg: 11:30am-1:40pm
Here are the upcoming activities and things to know for the week of October 4, 2015.
Wednesday, October 7:
* Anti-Bullying Assembly: Matt Wilhelm, a pro BMX cyclist, will conduct an exciting and powerful presentation to our students on anti-bullying.
* Culver’s Restaurant Night – 4-8pm (1410 E Algonquin Rd, Schaumburg). Give the Restaurant Night flyer to the cashier for dine in or carry-out between 4-8pm and 15% of your purchase goes back to TJPTA!
Friday, October 9:
* Spirit Day! Don’t forget to wear red and white to show your Jaguar pride!
*Don’t forget – No School Monday, October 12 and Tuesday, October 13!*
Our Weekly High 5 You did it, we appreciate it!
If you are reading this, thank you for accessing one of several ways we are being kept informed of all things TJ!
How great is our communications team!!?? We want to give a huge High 5 to Jen Knutsen, Sue Grochowski (text service and website) and Lauren Schubert (Facebook) for keeping us in the know!
* We are looking for committee chairs for the 2015-2016 school year!
Open committees include Environmental Ed, Family Events, GREAT (co-chair), PCEE Rep (co-chair), Publishing House, Recognition and Teacher Appreciation.
* GREAT Program
Do you have 25 minutes to spare? 50? Do you enjoy reading with children? The GREAT program needs YOU! GREAT stands for Great Reading is Evident At TJ. We work one on one with kids who need just a little extra help reading. Sign up by October 9th. Want to learn more? Contact Patricia Bell at email@example.com
* Volunteer to help in the LRC!
* Like us on Facebook at "Thomas Jefferson Elementary" to get the most recent information!
* Want text reminders of upcoming events at TJ? Text @tjpta to 81010. You can opt-out of messages anytime. Standard text and messaging rates do apply.
Karen & Sarah
October 7- Restaurant Night at Culvers
October 12 & 13- No School
October 20- PTA Meeting
October 21 & 22- Munchies with Mom
7-7:30 am, MPR
October 29- Halloween Party