Thomas Jefferson Elementary
3805 Winston Drive
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Office Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Principal: Larry Sasso
Asst. Principal: Jennifer Riehman
Thanks for Visiting the TJ PTA Website!
It's your home for all of the events and activities for both TJ's School and PTA.
Check it out and let us know if you have any suggestions - we'd love to hear from you at TJjaguarsPTA@gmail.com.
Our population of approximately 580 encompasses students of many diverse backgrounds and cultures in kindergarten through sixth grade. We strive to provide the kind of individual attention that encourages students both academically and socially and makes our large school seem like a smaller, more personal one. Thomas Jefferson's mission is to empower our students to be self-motivated, world-class learners who demonstrate respect, responsibility, and commitment to academic excellence. Our motto is One Terrific Journey, and staff, parents, and community supporters are all dedicated to making each child's journey at Thomas Jefferson truly terrific!
Mark Your Calendars!
*All meetings start at 7:15pm in the Multipurpose Room
on these following Tuesdays.
All parents are welcome, so we hope you will
2016-2017 School Hours
Monday - Thursday
Gr 1-6 & BIL Kdg: 7:50am-2:30pm
AM Kdg: 7:50am-10:25am
PM Kdg: 11:55am-2:30pm
Gr 1-6 & BIL Kdg: 7:50am-1:40pm
AM Kdg: 7:50am-10:00am
PM Kdg: 11:30am-1:40pm
We hope you are enjoying your summer!
Things to Remember!!
* Don’t forget to check the TJ Facebook Page and Website for updates on Summer Activities! We will be scheduling a TJ Seascape Day, Park Dates for all of our new families and posting back to school information as the time gets closer!
* TJ will be closed for the summer during construction! Mr. Sasso and Mrs. Riehman will be located at Central Road Elementary (3800 Central Road, Rolling Meadows) while our building is closed, and all of their phone calls will be forwarded there.
OPEN COMMITTEES FOR 2016-2017: Check out Open Committee for the full list!!
* Meet the Teacher – Tuesday, August 16th (1:30pm-2:30pm)
* 1st Day of School, Grades 1-6 – Wednesday, August 17th (7:50am-2:30pm)
* 1st Day of School, Kindergarten – Thursday, August 18th (AM 7:50am-10:25pm, PM 11:55am-2:30pm)
* We’re looking for a CPA to prepare 2016 PTA Taxes - We are looking for a CPA who would be interested in donating their time to review our 2015 Audit as well as prepare our 2016 Taxes. Currently we spend $475 on these services and it would be wonderful if we could save that money and put it towards programs for our students instead! Contact Sarah Winter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy (email@example.com) for more information.
Like us on Facebook at "Thomas Jefferson Elementary" to get the most recent information!
Want text reminders of upcoming events at TJ? Text @tjpta to 81010. You can opt-out of messages anytime. Standard text and messaging rates do apply.
Sarah & Amy
August 15 - New Student Tours
August 16 - Meet the Teacher
August 17 - 1st day of school Grades 1-6
August 18 - 1st day of school Kindergarten
Looking for a school supply list?